Thanks to telehealth medicine, prescriptions may now be purchased online more easily and quickly than ever before. Antidepressant medication, like Paroxetine and its generic version, can be purchased through various online platforms.
Buying Paxil online is a straightforward process that allows customers to avoid going to the doctor in person. A telehealth specialist will assess your health and issue an electronic prescription. The medicine will then be delivered to you in discrete packaging.
While each online service is significantly different, they all need a confidential health examination and consultation with a virtual expert or physician before the drug is sent to you.
Paroxetine is not available over the counter in the United States, and a licensed medical professional must prescribe it. To ensure safety, you must purchase Paxil through a legitimate telehealth company. Otherwise, you risk buying Paroxetine illegally and with potentially counterfeit or dangerous ingredients.
Paroxetine is an antidepressant that comes under the brand of Paxil and Seroxat, practically used for mending or curing several mental disorders such as depression, anxiety, obsessive compulsion disorder (OCD), panic attacks, etc.
This medication is from the SSRI class that is selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors which is again an antidepressant mainly used for healing people diagnosed with the above-mentioned disorders. Thus, before consuming this medication, let`s know more about its attributes (Clissold, S.P., 1991).
How Does Paroxetine Work?
As previously mentioned, paroxetine is an antidepressant that tends to cure depression, anxiety, and other disorders. Let`s focus on its functioning.
Paroxetine is a medication that precisely aims at uplifting your mood and, in turn, making you feel better. Therefore, this medication increases energy levels, mood, sleep, etc., and treats the hot flashes, irritability, and mood swings that occur during the premenstrual cycle or menopause.
Coming from the SSRI class, this medication is considered to increase the serotonin levels in the body, which unloads all the pessimistic thoughts, melancholy and makes one feel jovial but has its own drawbacks.
Paroxetine: Its Key Factors.
Every medication has its own vitality. However, before consuming such effective medication, certain factors should be kept in mind. These factors are as follows:
Forms and Strengths
Paroxetine is available as a tablet, capsule, oral solution and extended-release tablet.
Tablet – 10mg, 20mg, 30mg, 40mg
Capsule – 7.5mg
Oral Solution – 12.5mg, 25mg, 37.5mg
Tablet, extended release – 10mg/5mL
Dosages In Different Age Groups
Paroxetine and Venlafaxine is a medication that should only be consumed by adults, that is, people above 18, or can lead to adverse side effects.
The dosage of this medication should be according to the prescribed amount that is clinically prescribed by certified professionals. Thus, the dosage consumed should be as follows:
In the case of Tablets, the dosage should be 10mg to 40mg, but it also depends on the disorder.
- For Depression- 20mg is usually prescribed once a day, which can subsequently increase per week but should strictly not exceed 50mg.
- For Social Anxiety- The dosage recommended is 12.5mg orally once a day, which can gradually increase to 37.5mg.
- For Panic Disorder- The recommended dosage is 10mg orally once a day which can gradually exceed to 60mg depending upon your treatment.
- For OCD- 20mg is prescribed orally once a day, which can again increase to 60mg depending upon the prescription or recommendation from the certified therapist.
- For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder– The recommended dosage is 20mg orally once a day, which can exceed 50mg again depending upon your treatment and requirement. Are well-versed study by A.J. psychiatry was conducted to procure the results regarding the efficiency of paroxetine on adults and thus, found positive results regarding it.(Benfield, P., 1998)
Thus, this medication should be strictly consumed according to the prescribed amount overdosage or can be lethal and cause an adverse effect on one`s health.
Other than these disorders, there are several other disorders that this medication can aid with, but consumption of this medication has its own side effects. So, let’s scrutinize the side effects of consumption.(Carlson, N.E. and Nutt, J.G., 2005)
Side Effects: What Might You Feel?
This medication can cause side effects. However, depending on person to person. There are very few people who would have experienced the side effect of paroxetine, and a lot of people do not get affected by this medication or see minor effects. Thus, let’s dig into the side effects.
Side Effects: Common Symptoms
Here are some common symptoms that one can come across they are namely:
- Fatigue or low on energy
- Insomnia or trouble sleeping
- Constipation or diarrhoea
- Low B.P. or feeling dizzy
- Loss of appetite
Thus, these are a few symptoms that one may commonly feel when on medication. However, there might be some adverse effects that a handful of people may experience, but if so, consult your doctor as fast as possible.
Side Effects: Adverse Symptoms
Here are some adverse symptoms that are sporadic cases to occur but, if you are experiencing any of this, consult your therapist or a doctor.
- Abdominal bleeding
- Intensified suicidal thoughts
- Worsening your depression or anxiety
- Short of breath
- Chest pain
- Bloody vomit
- Darker urine
These are very rare cases and do not happen frequently. However, if you notice any of these symptoms when on the medication, consult the doctor immediately.
Other than that, people with a certain illness, disruption, or issues cannot consume this medication. They are namely:
Do Not Consume This Medication If You Suffer From:
- Any Heart Disease: This medication tends to increase the heartbeat.
- Diabetes: Before consuming this medication, check your sugar levels as this medication can bring instability in your sugar levels.
- People Below The Age of 24: This medication can trigger suicidal thoughts, and according to research it is said that this medication does not affect those who are 24 and above. However, people from the age of 18 and above can consume it under surveillance and the prescription of a certified doctor.
- Epilepsy: This medication is not recommended to people diagnosed with epilepsy as it increases the chances of seizures.
Now that we are aware of all the critical factors of this medication, let`s see how you can tackle the common side effects if you experience them.
How To Tackle Common Side Effects?
- Fatigue- In case of fatigue or lower energy levels, do not indulge in any other tedious activity and rest up, or will worsen it.
- Nausea- If you feel nauseous, then consume this medication after food and see if it works for you; if not, consult your doctor.
- Insomnia- In case you are unable to sleep, take this medication in the morning; however, do consult your doctor according to it.
Thus, these are a few things that can be done in case you experience these common symptoms.
Paroxetine may cause a serious condition called serotonin syndrome if taken together with some medicines. Some medicines that may interact with this drug are buspirone, fentanyl, lithium, tryptophan, St. John’s wort, amphetamines, or some pain or migraine medicines. Drinking alcohol with this drug can also amplify its side effects.
These are a few measures that should be kept in mind before taking this medication and should be done under the guidance and surveillance of a certified professional and not according to your own will. Hence, In the end, keep yourself safe and healthy.(Gunnell, D., 2006)