What Is Relationship Separation Anxiety?’
Breakup anxiety is excessive angst around the real or scented split from a devotion figure. If you encounter stress, anxiety, or nervousness that you’ll be dumped and evolved distressed when you’re separated from somebody you’re connected to, this could be a sign of detachment anxiety. Anxiety disorder is one of the most common childhood disorders but can also be present in adulthood.
Personal and close relationships are a mirror, reminiscing the most useful and destructive of all of us. They can enrage our efforts or help them. When they're respectable, they can feel like a charm. Even when they're right, anxiety can get the trickery of the love out and foster the connection between two people who belong together. All relationships require belief, devotion, tolerance, and susceptibility. (Ollendick, T.H., Lease, C.A. and Cooper, C.H.R.I.S.T.I.N.E., 1993)
What are the symptoms of separation anxiety in adults?
Following are some of the symptoms of separation anxiety. This anxiety can be observed in adults as well as younger persons. It is not something to be neglected or not taken care of. Their things can escalate to another level. So never take these symptoms lightly and never ignore the flowing signs because that can have a serious effect on your mental health.
- Extreme despair heretofore and detachment- this is the first and far most important symptom of separation anxiety. It is usually observed in couples of younger age.
- Intense concern about relinquishing the loved one- This symptom can be observed among adults, too; this can be seen post the incidence is done.
- Intense worry about events that may cause separation from the attachment figure- If the breakup is done due to some events like cheating or anything serious, people tend to think too much about it. It is observed that it affects the mental health of the concerned parties.
- Unwillingness to depart the separation figure- Many of us usually have emotional problems when stepping out of our comfort zone.
- Persistent and excessive fear of being alone-
Many of us usually fear being alone in the whole world! And that's why we are typically isolated and anxious about everything! (Manicavasagar, V., Marnane, C., Pini, S., Abelli, M., Rees, S., Eapen, V. and Silove, D., 2010)
Can you have separation anxiety from your partner?
There are some possibilities where some might face anxiety from the separation from their partner. This type of anxiety is hard to deal with because, in these kinds of concerns, you might not have done anything wrong. So following are the steps we should take to reduce our partner's anxieties regarding separation anxiety.
Try To Communicate More And More.
One should not sufficiently emphasize the importance of communication for a healthy association. When suffering from separation anxiety, it becomes even more important for you to have good contact with a partner. Otherwise, your partner may misinterpret your behavior as something irrational and might grow withdrawn. Be open with your ex-partner about whatever your feeling is. Let them understand - What and how it is challenging for you to bear in the detachment or the idea of living isolated. There are possibilities that this way, your partner would understand your fear and anxiety and work together to make you feel better.
Deep Breathing Exercises Help.
Deep breathing exercises help a lot to manage any anxiety attack. During these incidents, when you are constantly restless, associated with any negative thoughts, or even willing to end your life, take deep breaths and focus on all the positive aspects of your life. Try to focus on the only positive things in your life and on those things that will make you happy. Believe in the right times you had with your partner, count your blessings, and focus on the strengths of your relationship. Slowly, the anxious feeling will recede.
10 tips for dealing with separation anxiety in relationships
There are many reasons that one can have separation anxiety while undergoing the events of separation. It is always important to recover from the separation anxiety and work on yourself.
- Understand the separation is temporary
- Talk to your partner. Know how you feel
- Count the despair; it’s OK to be sad.
- Focus on you! Do things that are important to you!
- be mentally and physically active.
- Talk about your communication plans. Be open to all the talking.
- Try to do some meaningful things for your partners during the event.
- Focus on the other important relationships.
- Plan something special for each other.
- Take consultation with the doctor if necessary.
Points to remember-
- Breakup anxiety is excessive angst around the real or scented split from a devotion figure.
- Never take these symptoms lightly and never neglect the flowing symptoms because that can seriously affect your mental health.
- There are some possibilities where some might face anxiety from the separation from their partner.
- Try to communicate more and more
- Deep breathing exercises help.
- There are many reasons that one can have separation anxiety while undergoing the events of separation.