People who experience muscle pain in the initial stage are not related to any underlying disease conditions; it may be due to prolonged sitting, standing in the same position, or doing physical activities. This can be treated with proper rest, by elevating the pain area, With an ice pack to reduce the inflammatory size or a heat pack to improve the blood flow.
Suppose Muscle Pain goes severe and bothers you, with painful conditions such as extreme stiffness, high fever, and difficulty breathing. You should get medical help immediately.
Your doctor will help you find the pain area and causes for your condition and examine the particular area. And your healthcare provider starts medication therapy with Physical exercise.
Like Musflex pill is a New generation Carisoprodol, a Muscle relaxant used to treat skeletal muscle relaxants. Here we discussed the drug in detail below,
What Are Musflex Pills?
Musflex pills contain Carisoprodol and Naproxen. It is used in Muscle relaxation treatment, like muscle pain, injury, and sprain conditions. It comes under the brand name Soma; it is a Food and drug administration-approved drug for treating pain related to musculoskeletal disorders. It is available only after the prescription. It is not approved for the use of 16-year-old children.
How Do Musflex Pills Work?
Musflex pills belong to a class of drugs called muscle relaxers. It is a group of medicines that works for similar conditions to Soma. The drug prevents your nervous system, which sends pain signals to the brain.
It interferes with the muscle reflexes to decrease and alleviate the symptoms of Muscle tone, which relieves muscle spasms, muscle pain, any muscle injury, etc.
Musflex pills are used for short-term periods of two to three weeks; There is not enough evidence of the drug's effectiveness when used for a more extended period.
Dosage: How Much Should You Take?
Before taking the drug, your drug dosage is essential. To find out the dosage depends upon factors like your age, the severity of your condition or any history of medical condition
Dosage for Muscle Pain
Initial Dosage: 250 - 350 mg daily, three times daily at bedtime.
It is not recommended for children younger than 16 years of age.
Precautions Of Musflex Pills
Precautions are the general measures one should follow before taking the drug; before taking the medication, talk with your doctor about your health history and any other conditions you are currently treating. Your healthcare provider will help you to cooperate with the drugs.
- Avoid taking the drug if you have any Genetic enzyme disorder like porphyria. It will affect your skin or nervous system.
- The drug leads to habit forming and development symptoms like Misuse of medication resulting in overdose or death.
- While using the medicine, if you drink alcohol, it will cause extreme drowsiness. Which makes you fall or get injured happens, so inform your doctor if you are an alcoholic.
- The drug will develop withdrawal symptoms if you suddenly stop the medication, So if you wish to discontinue, start by reducing the dosage.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant; it is unknown whether the drug will affect your pregnancy.
- While breastfeeding, it will pass into the breast milk and cause drowsiness, so consult your doctor before using it.
- Inform your doctor if you have any,
- Kidney dysfunction
- Liver disease
Possible Side Effects Of Musflex Pill
Side effects are adverse reactions to the drug; they will differ from each drug. Some Side Effects will go on their own; if you face severe effects from the medication, you should call for medical emergency help.
Common Side Effects
Severe Side Effects
Swelling on the face, lips, or tongue
Loss of Coordination
Most side effects will depend on various factors; consult with your healthcare provider for further details.
How Long Do Musflex Pills Stay In Your System?
The drug Musflex pills have a half-life of about 1 to 3 hours. Usually, it depends upon each body's metabolism. If you have kidney dysfunction, it will take time to clear from the body.
It has some factors which can say how long the drug stays in the system, such as Age, Body mass, Drug Dosage, Genetics, Drug history, and any other existing conditions while you are taking any different combination of substances.
There are some standard tests to detect the drug; it can stay up to
- Blood: 24 hours
- Urine: For days
- Hair: For months.
Is Musflex A Narcotic?
Narcotic drugs contain opium and derivatives. Hence, Musflex pills do not belong to the group of opiate drugs. But it can enhance the narcotic effects with overlapping symptoms of breathing difficulty and extreme drowsiness.
These side effects will be dangerous and result in respiratory depression even if death occurs. It is considered a controlled substance due to its harsh effects.
Musflex Withdrawal Symptoms
A person Misusing the drug for more extended periods finds it difficult to stop the medication suddenly. If you wish to withdraw the drug from the safest method, you can enroll on a detox program, where the health care team will help you out if; stopping the medication suddenly will lead to Suffering from symptoms like
- Muscle Twitching
- Abdominal Cramps
- Loss of balance
Addictiveness And Abuse: Musflex Meds
Musflex drugs lead to serious addictiveness, which diminishes the quality of health and wellness. The American Association of poison centers reported that Musflex drug abuse shows 6,500 cases were abused.
Muscle relaxers have the potential for Misuse and addiction to the drug. People using the Musflex pills will develop a tolerance and physical dependence. It will make it difficult to overcome your system, So it should be advised to use it only for short-term periods.
While combining the Musflex pills with other substances such as opioids, tranquilizers or alcohol makes you feel a higher euphoric effect. This leads you to make Abuse the drug and develop overdose symptoms like
- Respiratory distress
A drug interaction is interacting with a drug at one time. This will include the drug substance and how it will change the working state of another. Sometimes, it leads to harmful effects, which prevents the drug from working in conditioning.
To avoid such interactions, you should speak with your doctor about your medication; inform your doctor what medicine, vitamins, and Herbal supplies you are using. This will help your doctor to fix your issues.
Musflex pills can interact with Other Drugs; some of them are listed below; taking Musflex medications with certain drugs will increase your side effects, such as
- Benzodiazepine drugs like alprazolam, diazepam, and flurazepam.
- Opioids like morphine, hydrocodone, or codeine.
- Tricyclic antidepressants like amitriptyline, doxepin, or imipramine.
- Avoid taking Meprobamate. It will raise your drowsiness level.
- Other drugs, such as Fluvoxamine, Omeprazole, Rifampin, and St john's wort
Bottom Line From Practical Anxiety Solutions
We have been discussing the Musflex pills. It belongs to the group used in the treatment of relief from muscle pain. It is available only after the prescription. Musflex pills have higher potential effects of Abuse and addiction; people who use the drug for longer days will develop a habit forming to the drug.
It is advisable to use only for the short term because it will result in withdrawal symptoms and people find it challenging to get rid of the drug thoroughly. You can seek medical help for detox Therapy, which helps you to recover from your illness and provides better health and wellness.
Alvarez, C.A., Mortensen, E.M., Makris, U.E. et al. Association of skeletal muscle relaxers and antihistamines on mortality, hospitalizations, and emergency department visits in elderly patients: a nationwide retrospective cohort study. BMC Geriatr 15, 2 (2015). From https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2318-15-2 Obtained on 16/01/2022
- Meleger, Alec L. "Muscle relaxants and antispasticity agents." Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Clinics 17.2 (2006): 401-413. From https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pmr.2005.12.005 Obtained on 16/01/2022
- Kaye, Alan David, and Laurie E. Daste. "Muscle relaxants and antispasticity medications." Pain Management and Palliative Care. Springer, New York, NY, 2015. 71-74. Obtained on 16/01/2022
- Li, Yan, et al. "Impact of Schedule IV controlled substance classification on Carisoprodol utilization in the United States: An interrupted time series analysis." Drug and Alcohol Dependence 202 (2019): 172-177. From https://doi.org/10.1016/j.drugalcdep.2019.05.025 Obtained on 16/01/2022