It’s been 40 years since Soma is present in the market with muscle-relaxing properties. People have tried it for various musculoskeletal conditions, recurring muscle spasms, and other painful conditions. Do you know 45% of muscle pain was managed by carisoprodol in 2004?
What is Soma used for?
It is primarily used for treating muscle injuries, spasms, sprains, strains, or other joint pain. Soma is formulated with its generic brand called carisoprodol. It is a scheduled substance IV classified by the US Federal. Carisoprodol, along with meprobamate metabolite, is observed to function on the GABA receptor by increasing the chemical messenger level that parallelly provides calming sensations. For better results, pair your dose with proper rest and physical activity.
Soma for muscle pain
Do you feel your muscles appear to be tense and stiff? That’s the sign of pain development within your tissues and cells. Many times, it’s the origin of lower back pain. Also, those who are occupied with 9 to 5 jobs are hooked to their screens, which triggers muscle pain in the neck. Such infrequent pain should be addressed at an earlier stage before it turns into a significant disorder.
Next, you have to identify the pain duration, is it bothering you for a week or over a month. This observation will help you address the treatment for acute (week or less than that) or chronic term (more than a month).
Over-the-counter medicines can be helpful; however, if the pain is older, you need a special muscle relaxer like Soma. It is specifically used due to its:
- Pain-relieving ability
- Decrease the muscle spasms
- Improvement in mobility
Carisoprodol calms the pain caused by stiffness and inflammation in the bone structure. You can take it in tablet form, direct by mouth. Do not consume it for more than three weeks, as it can be habit-forming.
Carisoprodol (Soma) side effects
Every medication, when consumed, can show odd behavior in your system. The meprobamate, present in the generic carisoprodol, has soothing properties that can hamper normal brain functioning. It develops the feeling of drowsiness that makes a person lazy and sleepy during the daytime. Other common ill-effects include:
- Head pain
Some people might observe severe side effects due to biological factors such as age, gender, medical history, immunity level, and addictive past. Serious side effects can result in life-threatening problems. Therefore, it is advisable to notice and combat these effects professionally. Some of the symptoms include:
Cardiovascular problem related to
- Irregular heartbeat, blood pressure
- Flushed face
Central nervous system related to:
- Lack of concentration
- Panic attacks
Gastrointestinal problems related to:
Other side effects include:
- Skin rashes
- Decrease in blood cells
- Face, lips, tongue, or throat swelling
If the above effects are mild, you can treat them using home remedies; however, you have to observe significant changes and tell your doctor to take preventive measures.
How to avoid effects from turning into severe:
- Stick by the doctor’s guidelines
- Do not stop the medication abruptly
- Follow the prescription and do not exceed more than three weeks.
Carisoprodol warnings dosages and interactions
The drug is formulated with various substances that are standard to treat arthritis and other painful conditions. However, the active and inactive ingredients don’t necessarily suit each body type. Therefore, the warning box displayed on the label acts as an alarm for the users. You should read it carefully and report to your doctor with any doubts related to the information mentioned.
Warning for asthma patients
If you are prone to any component present in the tablet, it may cause you trouble breathing, sweating, or mouth inflammation. Many lung impaired and asthma patients also avoid soma until another medicine has failed to suffice the curative purpose.
- Patients with liver impairment: For carisoprodol and meprobamate metabolites to eliminate from the system, a strong liver is essential; any person with liver deficiency is likely to face difficulty in excretion leading to severe health issues. The liver is the vital organ responsible for processing the drug. Lesser liver ability can cause a delay in dose excretion. Doctors often provide comparatively lower dosages for liver impairment cases, so no burden is laid on the liver.
- People with enzyme (protein) deficiency: They are responsible for breaking down the medicine components faster, resulting in half-life and complete elimination process be full more quickly. It is not healthy that your system sustains or store the substances, as it may create a pile-up. More the leftover molecules, the higher are the chances of side effects. If you have a genetic problem of lower metabolism, ask for a lower dosage to make it easier for your system to process and eliminate.
- People with kidney deficiency: Kidney impairment is no different from that of a liver deficient person. The kidney is the clearance region, and if that is damaged, then the whole process will be delayed. There are high chances of higher dosage molecules loiter in your system creating more health problems. To avoid this, doctors focus on giving the lowest possible dose for this patient.
- During pregnancy and lactation: If you plan to have a baby or have already conceived, it is essential to have a close discussion with your doctor. The drug may cause adverse effects on the fetus and the child’s nourishment. Try to pair aspirin with other physical therapy to combat your muscle pain.
- For lactating mothers: Consuming Soma may lead to ill effects on the child’s health. The milk may contain the concentrates that will pass to your baby, and it’s not a healthy thing for a newborn.
- Children below 18 years: Their body and organ are relatively young; the metabolism is not ready to process such high sedative medications. It can create dependency and addiction too. Therefore, the FDA has not approved them.
- People 60 years of age and above: Most patients who are up to 60 years ideally should not consume this drug. It can accelerate diabetes, blood pressure, and other unhealthy conditions. The metabolism is also lacking without much support to metabolize carisoprodol substances frequently.
- People with alcohol addiction: Men who are addicted to alcohol or are frequent boozer can face excess drowsiness and a feeling of euphoria. It is risky for them to drive a vehicle or handle operative machinery.
The decision of dosage is based on various factors, including:
- Pain intensity
- Present and past medical condition
Your doctor is the best decision-maker in terms of how much dosage should be given to you. Soma is available in two strengths, mainly Soma 250 mg and 350 mg. The maximum dosage per day should not go beyond 1400 mg.
Your doctor will decide the carisoprodol schedule depending upon the need of the hour. It should be avoided in children and older adults as the generic brand carisoprodol can make them high.
Carisoprodol brand name
Soma is the trading name of carisoprodol in the United States, manufactured by Med Pointe Healthcare. Carisoma is a brand name available in the UK, manufactured by Forest Laboratories. It is identified by names such as Sonoma, Somadril, Soridol, Prosoma 350 mg, and Pain o Soma 350 mg in other countries.
Soma can interact with other medications or supplements, including vitamins, calcium, protein, steroids, and other herbal products. When carisoprodol substances merge with different chemical and natural components, a change in mechanism occurs. The chemical change could be harmful, or it can control the healing activity.
To prevent yourself from drug interactions, it is vital to be proactive in informing your doctor of all the medications you are currently taking or have taken in the past, including alternative health pills. Also, if you are allergic to any ingredient, do let them know. Severe interaction may occur when combined with opioids, benzodiazepines, anti-depressants, and meprobamate.
How to buy Carisoprodol (Soma) Online?
Carisoprodol is available for sale on both online and offline modes. But if you are looking for a convenient option, then you may buy through e-pharmacy. Although you have local pharmacists or CVS near your house, it’s of no use if you are restricted due to muscle injury.
In case of limited mobility and emergency, buying carisoprodol online will help you save exertion and money on your final purchase. Suppose you are not in a position to visit a doctor or take a written prescription. No worry, you can look for the USA based online pharmacy who have their own certified physician and can give you an online prescription.