Battling with Anxiety unceasingly can be exhausting. Leading a healthy lifestyle with psychotherapy can help sufferers overcome their Anxiety. However, the road to overcoming Anxiety may be a long and tedious one.
Millions of people suffer from the condition and look forward to curing it with many techniques. To help kick off the process, medications like Sertraline – an antidepressant, are commonly prescribed by doctors for treating both depression and Anxiety disorders.
The problem arises when you are about to buy medicine. You must know different things while purchasing the product to be safer by not getting into any issues.
What Is Sertraline (Zoloft)?
Sertraline is a type of antidepressant known as a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI). This popular drug has been used since the 1990s and works by increasing serotonin levels in your brain.
Serotonin can affect mood, sleep patterns, Anxiety level, and appetite. It helps many people recover from depression with fewer side effects than older antidepressants such as tricyclics or monoamine oxidase inhibitors.
Additionally, this medication may help those suffering from obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), panic disorder, social Anxiety disorder (SAD), and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
How Does Sertraline Work?
Sertraline is widely prescribed because it reduces symptoms associated with major depressive disorder and decreases unwanted physical side effects compared to other medications for this condition.
It works by enhancing the chemicals in the body that helps to increase the mood or change them by the components present in the drug. It affects your brain according to age, weight, and other factors.
Impact Of Sertraline On Children
The FDA approves Sertraline only for children above 18 years with obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD). It is not FDA-approved for treating depression in anyone below 18. The side effects observed in adults differ from that of children, such as:
- Muscle twitching,
- Nasal bleeding,
- Urine infection,
- High aggression,
- Dense menstrual periods,
- Weight change,
- Slow progressive development
Unless these sensations are mild, you may treat them using home remedies. However, once you observe the rise in these effects, please notify your child expert immediately.
Possible Side Effects
Sertraline is likely to cause additional effects that are rare and severe in intensity. If you experience any of the below-mentioned effects, seek medical help immediately. Don't hesitate to contact the concerned expert if you're experiencing anything from the below list or something not mentioned here but affecting your physical and mental well-being.
|Common Side Effects||Severe Side Effects|
|skin rashes||difficulty in falling/staying asleep|
Dosage For Sertraline
Your healthcare provider decides the amount of Sertraline and the duration depending on the following:
- Your age
- The health condition you're suffering through
- The intensity of the illness
- Past medical history and gender
Strengths and Forms of Sertraline
Generic Sertraline is available in oral form. You may get the tablets in strength ranging from Sertraline 25 mg, 50 mg, and 100 mg, respectively. It is also available in a liquid solution with a strength of 20mg.
While Zoloft is the brand name available in film-coated tablet form that can be taken directly by mouth, Zoloft 25 mg, 50mg, and 100 mg are the general strengths. Dosage Forms and Strengths
- 25 mg tablets: light green, engraved on one side with 'ZOLOFT' and the other with '25 mg.'
- 50 mg tablets: light blue, engraved on one side with 'ZOLOFT' and the other with '50 mg.'
- 100 mg tablets: light yellow, engraved on one side with 'ZOLOFT' and the other with ‘100 mg.'
The oral solution of Zoloft is a straightforward solution containing sertraline hydrochloride (HCL) equivalent to 20 mg of Sertraline per mL along with 12% alcohol retaining a menthol scent. It is supplied in a 60 mL bottle with an accompanying calibrated dropper having 25 mg and 50 mg increment marks.
Sertraline may affect your weight gain, making you feel less satiated by meals. To avoid gaining weight, stick to your former eating patterns, such as food selection, portion sizes, and meal schedules.
Doctors initiate with the lowest dose possible so that it does not interact poorly with the system and shows effective results simultaneously. So, before you hook yourself to Sertraline, take your doctor's advice and mutually plan a strategic dose for your well-being.
Things To Know For Buying Sertraline Online
Knowing things before getting medicine from an online pharmacy is necessary. It would be best to get the medication after the doctor's prescription. The best part of buying medicines from an online pharmacy is that you will get the drug with just a few clicks; the only thing is you should get a legal pharmacy for purchasing.
- Legal certification is necessary when purchasing from an online pharmacy holds.
- Research and get reviews from those who have purchased through an online pharmacy.
- Read and anticipate the pharmacy from the reviews given by the customers.
- Some prices might fool you while ordering, so have a clear understanding and compare with other online pharmacies.
|Drug Name||Zoloft (Sertraline)|
|Tablet Strenght||25mg, 50mg, 100mg|
|Where To Buy Sertraline?||Newlandpharmacy|
A few clinical pieces of research have stated that about sixty percent of the patients who abruptly quit taking anti-depressive pills are likely to suffer from withdrawal signs. However, the intensity of the symptoms is different for everyone.
The typical withdrawal symptoms include
- Change in sleep schedule
- Hormonal imbalance
- Mental disturbance,
Other than common signs, there is a potential drawback leading to severe life-threatening events. The rare symptoms include:
- Light-headedness makes walking from the drawing room to the bedroom challenge.
- Gastrointestinal problems like diarrhea resulting in weakness
- Attacking your temper leads to Anxiety, stress, panic attacks, depression, life-taking thoughts, and mania.
- Unusual nightmares or insomnia.
- Increased electrical activity leads to shivering and shock in your brain, and loud ringing in your ear is a bizarre symptom.
- Muscle spasms, slurred speech, tremors, or seizures.
FDA has readily listed the warning for users' better health prospects. The potential effects protect patients from abusing or misleading the medication for unethical purposes.
Some users have suicidal thoughts when first consuming an antidepressant. Stay alert to drastic changes in your symptoms or mood. Report any new or worsening symptoms to your healthcare provider.
Seek medical help immediately if you have symptoms of serotonin syndrome, such as
- Rapid heart rate
- Muscle stiffness
- Loss of coordination
The disadvantages of taking SSRIs during pregnancy may lead to premature delivery, underdevelopment of the fetus, and withdrawal symptoms for the child after birth. The use of Sertraline while breastfeeding is not recommended either.
Sertraline Drug Interactions
Interactions occur when you combine Sertraline with other medications. The dual effect of the combination therapy may create havoc within your system, causing you to pay a severe health penalty.
For instance, drugs like
- SSRI, Ibuprofen, and aspirin that belong to Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications may rush the chances of bleeding, inflammation, and bruising. Combining lithium with Sertraline again improves the risk of serotonin syndrome.
- Combining opioids like Tramadol with Zoloft, an SSRI member may include drowsiness and other severe mental effects.
- Antidepressants like desipramine may result in piling up molecule concentration in your body. Ask your doctor to adjust the sertraline dosage if you're already on a tricyclic depressive course.
- When they come in contact with Sertraline, some other medicines may emit negative signs from your body. The list includes:
When used through IV mode, Linezolid may lead you to a bad mood, irritation, or high mental pressure as it may increase the hormone level.
You may also go through cardiovascular depression if taking pimozide with Sertraline. Monoamine oxidase inhibitors are one of the major drug classes with an anti-depressive ability. If you take a brand of MAOIs with SSRI medications, the ideal gap should be 14 days until the effect is diminished. As having them together will cause hormonal imbalances creating psychological disturbance within an individual.
Lastly, The U.S. Food and Drug Administration recommends not drinking alcohol. At the same time, you take Zoloft because it can increase the nervous system side effects of Zoloft, including dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating in some individuals.
Also, not every individual may experience drug interactions with these medications. The information displayed is the possible general interaction observed among most people.
To know the specific result in your case, please discuss it with your healthcare service professional. Also, share other health supplements like vitamins, protein, herbal products, and over-the-counter medicines you're taking to be well aware of the possible interactions from them).
Bottom Line From Practical Anxiety Solutions
You might have known about medicine, and the essential things about purchasing the drug as the drug is used for treating conditions such as Anxiety and depression. You should know all the Ins and Outs of the medicine that cures the condition.
Sertraline has positive effects, which also deal with side effects from people who consume medicine. Common side effects can be solved as time passes, but you should be more cautious if you feel the impact severely.
When buying from an online pharmacy, follow the necessary precautions and be cautious while ordering. Do know the website's niche and genuinity.
- Fava GA, Gatti A, Belaise C, Guidi J, Offidani E. Withdrawal Symptoms after Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor Discontinuation: A Systematic Review. Psychother Psychosom. 2015;84(2):72-81. doi: 10.1159/000370338. Epub 2015 Feb 21. PMID: 25721705. Obtain On 11/11/2022
- Murdoch, D., McTavish, D. Sertraline. Drugs 44, 604–624 (1992). https://doi.org/10.2165/00003495-199244040-00007 Obtain On 11/11/2022
- Muijsers, R.B.R., Plosker, G.L. & Noble, S. Sertraline. Drugs Aging 19, 377–392 (2002). https://doi.org/10.2165/00002512-200219050-00006 Obtain On 11/11/2022
- Schrijvers D, Maas YJ, Pier MP, Madani Y, Hulstijn W, Sabbe BG. Psychomotor changes in major depressive disorder during sertraline treatment. Neuropsychobiology. 2009;59(1):34-42. doi: 10.1159/000205516. Epub 2009 Mar 6. PMID: 19270462. Obtain On 11/11/2022
- Heym, James, and B. Kenneth Koe. "Pharmacology of sertraline: a review." The Journal of Clinical Psychiatry (1988). Obtain On 11/11/2022
- Fava, Giovanni A., et al. "Withdrawal symptoms after selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor discontinuation: a systematic review." Psychotherapy and psychosomatics 84.2 (2015): 72-81. https://doi.org/10.1159/000370338 Obtain On 11/11/2022