As many of you have heard, the phrase “health is wealth” pretty much sums the significance of one's health and why your health matters the most. Let’s take a case to understand the importance of your health, suppose you’re working a really hectic job that pays well, but it takes a toll on your health. In the long run, your health degrades to an extent that causes you a number of health problems.
Now due to such health problems, you’re not able to do the things you wanted to do, and why is that? Cause you placed your health before your work. A healthy balance between both your health and work can be found, which could help you to a great extent and keep you in the best of your health. (Reeves, M.J. and Rafferty, A.P., 2005)
What is Healthy Lifestyle In a Fast Pace Life
As times have changed, work ethics and practices have greatly evolved. Everything is getting more efficient and quicker, which results in a fast-paced lifestyle. Now a fast-paced lifestyle is a great thing, but it is also a bane to most people.
People have to work so hard nowadays that they forget about themselves and focus entirely on their work. After all, they are working for themselves, which doesn't make sense. (Khera, A.V., Emdin, C.A., Drake, I., Natarajan, P., Bick, A.G., Cook, N.R., Chasman, D.I., Baber, U., Mehran, R., Rader, D.J. and Fuster, V., 2016)
Negligence of Your Health Could Result in Several Health Problems Like:
How a Fast-Paced Lifestyle Controls You:
Having a fast-paced lifestyle could spoil not only your health but also the relationships you have with people. Since your busyness would lead to a lack of time for everything including yourself, the quality of a relationship you’d have with someone is likely to get diminished. May it be with your friends, family, acquaintances, etc. Relationships require time and effort from all participating parties; remember, it’s a two-way street. (Eshah, N.F., 2011)
How You Could Improve Your Health:
Being constantly busy could have ill effects on your mental as well as physical health and remember, both are equally important. Many practices could come in handy while considering your health, and most of them could be done in your day-to-day life.
Following Are a Few Effective Practices to Take Care of Your Health Whilst Having a Busy Schedule:
- Prepare a schedule before you start your day and follow it, having a schedule keeps your body clock in an organized cycle which makes it easier to understand your body and your ways.
- Identify your habits, and if they take a toll on you, try and improve them.
- Think positively and in a rational manner. Being so will keep you calm and sorted.
- Keep at least one form of cardio exercise and try doing it for half an hour everyday.
- Inculcate a plan, a routine and start with baby steps.
- Discuss with a doctor if things go out of hand, do not keep it bottled up or neglect any mishap when it comes to your health.
- Take breaks, treat yourself, unwind from work, having time for yourself will be a good change of pace for you.
- Cut the negativity out of your life. No good will ever come to you if you aren’t comfortable around the work you do.
- Eating healthy will surely bring you a change in mood and behaviour and will amend your health.
Red Flags You Should Look Out for:
Bringing a drastic change in your life can always seem overwhelming. Living a healthy life is difficult at first, but not impossible. Start off with baby steps, it's your effort that counts and your perseverance that matters. Let’s make known the few difficulties one can face during such a transition:
- Avoid the frequent consumption of any intoxicants.
- Do not lose your temper. Always think rationally.
- Quit being so hard on yourself. After all, you’re human as well.
- Avoid eating junk food frequently, learn portion control and understand why it matters.
- Don’t have a bad posture since it can affect you in the long run.
It's You That Matters!
By the end of the day, it all falls down to how you want to see yourself. Your health is essential, but not more than your work. A good balance between the two is an ideal state of being the most productive.
Even the slightest thought of changing could be progressive as it would lead to greater things ahead. If you trust this article has helped you in any way do share it with your friends and colleagues! (Albert, N.M., Butler, R. and Sorrell, J., 2014)