The Walking is an amazing form of exercise, it not only boosts your entire immune system but also energizes your entire body and increases your strength. Imagine waking up and going out for a walk when the sun is set to rise, the dewdrop on the grass, and the cold wind. Everything about walking early in the morning will make you feel refreshed. Walking at a faster pace will also help you to burn your calories.
But What Is Speed Walking?
Speed walking is a term used to describe walking fastly or briskly, it is also called power walking and it is done to burn calories and develop muscles and strength. (Himann, J.E., Cunningham, D.A., Rechnitzer, P.A. and Paterson, D.H., 1988)
Benefits Of Speed Walking
- If you have been consuming all kinds of junk food throughout the day, then it is important to go out for a speed walk for some time. Mainly to burn your calories and to help you increase your immune system.
- It will make you feel healthy and fit throughout the day.
- In some cases, if you start developing a habit of speed walking every day then it can also help you to increase your height.
- If you have a history of heart diseases or arthritis then speed walking every day can help you to regulate your heart palpations and can also help you to decrease the physical pain caused by arthritis.
- There are no age barriers for speed walking;† people at any age can speed walk and†walking is very much beneficial for their health.
Tips For Speed Walking:
- Speed walking should not be done instantaneously, some past workout regimes can help to boost your immune system and it can help you to avoid any pain or injury.
- It is advisable to not consume a lot of food before speed walking as it can cause a lot of stomach problems.
- If you have a history of physical injuries then it is advised to consult a physician.
- Wearing the right shoe is the key to going; you cannot expect to have a great walk if your shoes are not gonna cooperate.
- Do not drink a lot of water or juices in between or before your walk; it can make you feel nauseated and can cause a lot of pain.
- It is important to take short breaks in between; never exert too much pressure on yourself.
Types of Speed Walking:
- Power walking
- Olympic style racewalking
Speed Walking- A Key To Burning Calories
If you are the type of person who does not like to go to the gym or does not like performing heavy workout routines then speed walking is the option. Speed walking will not only make you physically fit but also help you to feel energized and cheerful throughout the day, so do not wait; grab the right pair of sports shoes and head out!